- Technical Lead – Health Systems Strengthening and Sustainability – Nigeria IHP
Works closely with IHP State key personnel providing strategic guidance, vision, planning, and implementation for successful HSS and Sustainability initiatives and activities of the project;
Provides technical expertise on HSS, covering the six building blocks to HSS at the federal and State levels;
Develop strategies, plans guidelines and tools to measure and track sustainability at the federal and State levels and facilitate the Journey to Self-Reliance for Primary Health Care.
Supervises HSS technical staff in state offices and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all HSS activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts;
S/he oversees HSS activities, provides technical direction and support and ensures results for project activities.
Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports.
Advocate and ensure sustainable health systems strengthening program implementation consistent with MOH Nigerian Guidelines, global best practices and USAID Nigerian Strategic Directions including advice on relevant latest health developments & publications.
Coordinate the monitoring of HSS and sustainability program progress against deliverables on a quarterly basis.
Coordinate with the other members of the IHP team and partners to develop and implement feasible health systems strengthening approaches.
Represent IHP at and provide expert technical assistance on health systems strengthening to FMOH and NPHCDA and through federal Technical Working Groups
Work with the federal and state government to measure the current status of sustainability of the health system and to develop sustainability and transition strategies and roadmaps.
Graduate Degree (preferably a PhD) in Public Health, Social Sciences, Health Economics, Medicine or related discipline;
At least 10 years of demonstrated progressive experience in HSS and preferable experience with primary care and/or RMNCH+NM programs working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff
Demonstrated technical skills in HSS of primary care and/or RMNCH+NM programs with excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English;
Demonstrated capacity building skills; and ability to work well on teams;
Previous experience working on a USAID funded project will be an added advantage;
Familiarity with structures and functions of the FMOH, SMOH, NPHCDA, SPHCDA, health insurance and financing agencies.
Demonstrated expertise in working directly with host-country senior government officials and policy makers in health.
Applications Closing Date
13th November, 2019.
- Operations Managers – Nigeria IHP (Abuja) at Palladium Group
Locations: Abuja and Ebonyi
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration.
Duration: 5 years
Assists in overseeing overall operations at State Office and provides operations guidance and oversight for IHP state offices
Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
Regularly reviews operations practices, develops, and optimizes internal operations policies, and provides feedback on risk mitigation strategies
Performs project procurements as per the procurement policies and donor regulations including maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, and documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships
Ensures timely receipt of quality services/goods and best value for the price; ensures that vendors are timely paid and procurement contracts are closed in order; manages office facilities, equipment, assets, vehicles, IT, etc.; and maintains up-to-date assets registers
Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures
Coordinates with operations team at the Abuja Central Office to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.
Ensures the Fixed Asset Register of the project is up to date and comprehensive.
Supports the Director to ensure that all assets of the project are safe and secure.
A relevant Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree are required;
A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience;
A minimum of 3 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s);
Experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile;
A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
Project Management expertise;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff;
Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required;
Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
Applications Closing Date
4th December, 2019.
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2WNi6Is
- Senior MEL Managers – Nigeria IHP
Locations: Ebonyi and Abuja
- Implements a framework for project results measurement, accountability, learning, and development effectiveness that will measure and report IHP success in state;
- Provides leadership and technical oversight, support, and direction on performance monitoring and evaluation at the state, LGA, facility, and community levels;
- Leads analyses of results and ensures that lessons learnt and best practices are captured, synthesized, reported, and disseminated;
- Collaborates with IHP State technical teams to ensure lessons learnt, and best practices are incorporated into ongoing interventions and innovative approaches;
- Leads development, dissemination, and application of M&E processes and tools in State;
- Responsible for oversight of data collection and information management processes, to ensure overall data reliability, consistency, and quality
- Reports directly to State IHP Director with technical oversight from IHP MEL Director.
- The State level Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager must be a proven leader in the field, with senior-level experience in the management of MEL for public health programs
- The Manager will have expertise and up-to-date knowledge and skills in implementing project-level M&E and MIS for health systems and healthcare provision
- S/he should have experience with complexity aware monitoring and demonstrated experience in promoting the use of data for decision-making
- S/he must be intimately familiar with the context in Nigeria and have in-country experience with USAID programs.
- Additional qualifications include:
- A Master’s Degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Health, Health Information Management or related field, PhD, preferred.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks for complex health and/or development projects.
- Experience with USAID/global indicators and standard measurement tools in the areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and neonatal health and other relevant technical areas.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ACCESS, and a statistical software package (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar).
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis of large data sets, data management and data use skills.
- Experience working with government partners, USAID, other donors, and implementing partners.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
- Applications Closing Date
- 4th December, 2019.
- How to Apply: http://bit.ly/2CjLlJF
A Chartered Accountant and social accounting scholar with research interest in CSR, Environmental Accounting and Social Audit; committed to promoting Sustainability in both business and political leadership. A researcher and prolific writer with publications in referred local and international journals and book series; member of the Social Responsibility Research Network (SRRNet). Contact: email@example.com